Wednesday, December 9, 2015

You're meant to be helping!!

OK I love the NHS, and think that all areas I have encountered do a fantastic job, but there is a glitch.. And it is one that is reported about all the time, but I have always assumed was just bad press. Maybe I am just unlucky and they are usually great, I don't know. Time will tell I guess.

A few weeks ago my GP referred me for what is nicely named "Psychological Therapy". She filled out her referral, I filled out a questionnaire which included personal info and contact preferences, such as can a message be left.

A week or so later I got a text asking me to call and leave a message to confirm I wanted to go ahead with the service, I replied immediately. On Monday I got a letter asking me to contact them t confirm I wanted to go ahead, so I emailed straight back. Today I have received a letter saying they haven't been able to contact me, and if I don't within 10 days I will be referred back to my GP.

Over the past few days I have received a few calls from withheld or private numbers, no messages left. With the first being a cold call about upgrading my phone, I have ignored the rest. The last thing I need right now is cold calls etc. So it is possible that one or more of these calls has been from the PT department about the counselling. If that IS the case, why the hell don't they at least leave a message. I'm off work as my brain is melting, I can't be the only person that screens calls. Why ask if they can leave messages, if they won't bother anyway, then will just send you kick to the kerb letters.

When your brain is mush like mine at the moment, you really don't need this kind of stupidity.

Rant over!

No comments:

Post a Comment