Friday, February 15, 2013

Phone and camera test, Part 2


Next it was off to Buckingham Palace, and Horse Guards Parade,a low light test, a detail test with some glittering gold, and some more interesting results, I think so anyway.
Hope this isnt going on too long just yet. It was fun to do, and I did say it was my most comprehensive yet.


 UPDATED, to show which device took which pic.
 Z  -Z10 - S - Galaxy S2



S

Z

Z

S

Z

S


Z

S


S

Z

Z

S

Excuse the appearance of the child in the last shot, Central London, just can never get a clear shot for as long as you want. Pesky tourists.

Now it was over to the Houses of Parliament for some shots of the exquisite detailing in the building. Again a few varied shots, and on Sovereigns Gate a little test on the second shots to see how the phones would cope trying to catch detail in a poorly lit area, with bright light all around. I think its fair to say a certain device has struggled somewhat in this area.

Z

S

Z

S

Z

S

S

Z

Finally it was the walk back to the station, and what better way to go than along the river. London Eye for a scenic shot, Battle of Britain memorial for some nice detail of colour testing of this work of art, then a depth of field test with some Boris Bikes, and a final indoor shot of the concourse of Charing Cross Station, complete with departure boards.

Z

S

S

Z

Z

S

Z

S

And here ends my whistle stop tour of London on this fine winters afternoon.
I hope you have enjoyed the pictures.
As a footnote I will say.. YES I know the S2 is now a couple of years old, and the Z is brand new, but I am using what I own and have to hand. If nothing else, try and decide from the images which you hope would be the newer handset. Of course the true results are only a right click away, and selecting the image properties then details.

I am going to post some other pictures shortly in what is Part 3 of this blog, just some other shots I took on the Z10 today that I felt summed up the day for me, and came out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment