Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blackberry Q10 sunlight display test.

While sitting on a train platform this morning, browsing through Crackberry, a common gripe came up again, the brightness of the screen in sunlight, so I thought I would take some pics with the Z which doesn't currently have HDR, so all pics are true.

Excuse my face being in the pictures, but as you can see the reflection coming off the screen is rather harsh. So it serves a purpose. I also snapped the skies at the time too to show what the screen was being exposed to at the time.

With the screen set to its usual 30% brightness, and my sunglasses on or off, as usual I am able to use the phone with ease on a range of screens with no issues at all.

Needless to say, trying to pick out fine details in a colour picture would be a little challenging and require an element of shading from the sun. But general day to day use, BBM etc on the move is absolutely fine, for me at least.

I don't think anyone doubts that there are a few handsets out there with screen issues. And also it's no secret that there are other devices out there which have better sunlight legibility. 
But this blog is for those wondering if all the negative reports they are reading are true. For those doubting my previous comments that I can use my Q10 on a bright day without stress, and to back up the others who say the same as me...

The BlackBerry Q10 in direct sunlight is NOT useless, it's usable, clear and the AMOLED is fine.

We all have different expectations of our devices, and I think the feedback the Q has received has shown this. But the screen being poor in sunlight is just a myth! One of many I might add.

Regards
Michael

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10

No comments:

Post a Comment