Monday, May 7, 2012

Just two weeks remain for me...

I know, its crazy right, hard to believe this is the TWELFTH week I have been following P90X. I am gutted though, as I would love to say I have not missed a beat, but that would not be true. Nope, last week Gout got the better of me and I finally after 11 weeks missed ONE workout. Although I am not too devastated by which one I missed, I still feel incomplete by not managing them all. I missed one round of Legs and Back, and delayed Yoga by a day to ensure I would be able to do it properly.

That said, I can take consolation in the fact that I have been doubling up for almost two weeks now. So while I have missed one, I have actually done an addition 11. So, swings and roundabouts there huh.

So whats happened so far over the past 11 weeks. Well, I have lost a whole load of weight, reduced my size considerably, tightened my core to a ridiculous point. A point where I can feel everything pulling tight no matter what I am doing. Instead of walking around sucking my stomach in, my body is doing it for me constantly. P90X really works. And yes, you can quote me on that. I know its just a workout program on DVD, as a few have been quick to remind me, and have also commented to other friends doing it too. But let me explain in simple terms for those of you out there who still don't quite get this.

12 DVD's, 90 days, 6 days a week, and 1 hour a day (except for Yoga)..... That, plus a little self belief, and a fairly sensible intake of foods is all it takes to transform yourself. If you know me, then look at my pictures. No bull****, no fake stuff, and no lies about how long its taken me to get noticeable changes.
There are varying levels of commitment you can offer the program, in return for which the program will give you a new lease on life. I would be lying if I said I have been strict on my diet.... I haven't. however I have made some pretty big changes, without depriving myself. Round 2 for me will see a change to this. 30+lbs gone, inches from my waist, fat from all parts of my body, just some of the changes I have seen in the last 76 days so far. And I really cant wait to see what Day 90 will bring for the before and after pictures.

The last 2 weeks or 12 workouts will see me pushing hard for the finish line, digging deeper than before, and changing things slightly. I am now using SIS Creatine, Aptonia CW Protein shakes, and Aptonia ISO workout drinks. As well as this, I have decided to cause some muscle confusion, and change from free weights to bands for the last 2 weeks. As well as introducing Nike push-up bars to improve my form and range in push-ups. Today was the first day of using them, and OMG what a difference. Gone are the high reps, and here come the clean and deep push-ups I have been looking for. Same with the bands, no wavering trying to keep the free weights moving cleanly, and in with the high resistance of the bands and super clean reps. Needless to say my body knows it has worked out today, and the post workout discomfort has returned, yay!

From today on, I want to keep my intake pretty strict, getting the right balances of carbs, calories and protein in me, and start heading towards finding the right set up for my next 90 days. These last 2 weeks are as much a test bed for the next round of P90X, as they are the dash for the finish line. Hopefully at the end of this time I will know what is working for me, and can knuckle down and get stuck into a nice clean next 90.

So, before I go, let me just say well done to everyone who is getting onboard the whole BeachBody experience, those committing to 60 or 90 days of change. Well done for primarily believing in yourself, and of course placing some trust in BB and their workouts, to give you the change to your health and your body that you are seeking. Carly, Clare, Chantal, to name but a few. If we can do it, so can you. So quit with the whining, doubting, mocking and excuses and get involved. Its YOUR body, YOUR health, and YOUR life... you get one chance with it all.... Don't **** it up!

Finally, as always, thank you to BeachBody.com, the P90X crew, Tony Horton and Jace and her Warriors for giving me everything I need to change my life once and for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment