Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Karma gonna get ya!

Karma is such a strange thing, but if there is one thing life teaches you, its that if you mess with it, it will come and bite you in the ass!

There are many things that we do in life, some we learn from, some people even have regrets, but there is something in everyones life, somewhere along the line that defines you for who you really are. A brave act, a cowardly act. The hand of a friend, or the push of an enemy.

I have things in my life that I think with hindsight I could have done differently. Regret them I don't, but what I have done is learned from them. What a friend is, who is deserving of my care and attention, and how to react when someone betrays you, or simply stabs you in the back.

In the case I am about to address now, there are many twists and turns, but ultimately it all comes down to one thing.... Trust!

As regular readers will know, the past 3 and a half years have been a bit of a rollercoaster for me and my family, with the last 6 or 8 months being the most challenging part of it all. Mum died a month ago today, and on the run up to her death there have been some real nasty twists and turns. The worst of those being the sudden onset of a disciplinary from work, siting my dishonesty and travelling out of the country rather than doing what I said I would be doing, as the reason for this action. Also wishing to address my sickness/ absence from work, which is more than fair.

Today I was presented with my rearranged date for my disciplinary, as well as some different evidence for the hearing. One of those pieces of evidence is a status and comments from Facebook. Unfortunately the only way this could have been obtained would be via a 'friend' accessing it. Sadly for the said person, the pages that were supplied to the management were then passed on to me, still showing the sidebar on which it shows mutual friends and interests. Now this is where it gets interesting.... This profile only matches ONE person. So in an instant, and thanks to the new paperwork supplied, I now know who this person is that has taken it upon themselves to try and get me neck deep in shit.

So I sit here wondering what went through this persons mind, and what their motives were? Jealous that their mother was not dying and that they were not having to take time off. Aggrieved that they had not run out of sick pay and SSP, and were now living on benefits. Hating me for being on so much medication for stress and anxiety. Or something truly ethical which made them feel they were doing the right thing.

The long and the short of it is, YOU have made an arse of yourself, brought bad karma upon yourself, and made the workplace awkward, just because you are too selfish, blinkered and ignorant to understand the shit I have gone through. You didn't even have the balls to man up and tell me how you felt about it, a text, and email, a phonecall to say you didn't understand, or thought I should behave differently. Instead you decided the best thing for me after losing my mum, being depressed, and being knee deep in debt, would be for me to be sacked or humiliated.
Well, unlucky! Whatever the outcome of the hearing, I will always be the bigger man, and you have made that quite obvious.

Thank you for showing your true colours.
Sent using BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment