Sunday, June 3, 2018

Dear SE23.... I'm sorry.

Due to recent events, I decided to request my account be removed from the local forum. As usual, the guilt train has left the station and the admin team have made comments discussing how disruptive the request has been to forum, and unfair on its users. Quite how it affects the users of the forum, I don't know. However, I would just like to say sorry.
I openly and genuinely apologise for any hardship or inconvenience I have caused you.

My issue is not with the majority of the users, nor the forum itself, but a few members who have chosen to take it upon themselves to make unfounded accusations on the forum, suggest I am part of some sort of group who is hell bent on destroying the forum and some of its members reputations.
I am of the opinion that said members are more than capable to damaging their own reputations, and a simple Google search of names, will furnish any curious person with a good list of places to find comments which echo my own from my last entry.

Forums, Twitter etc are all places where people have openly expressed concerns regarding the online behaviour of some people, and from what I can see, this stretches back a number of years, long before I started to have issues with them myself.

One of the first big issues which really made waves was the decision to film and publicly post a video of a neighbour. The issue was with the neighbour feeding the local foxes, something which they have been doing for a number of years now. Unfortunately this was not to the liking of said person, so a little private crusade was started, and a public rant started detailing the persons address and activities, without any consideration for their privacy. Calling them out in public, quite possibly completely without their knowledge either, as they are both elderly and not exactly tech savvy.

Using the current forum of the area at the time to post this information  , it was received quite well at first, before others started to question the intent and actions of the OP. This thread went on to form the main structure of a large number of peoples opinions moving forward.

The original thread can be found here.
https://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11976

As you can see, there are a wide varieties of replies, but some certainly didn't take too kindly to it.
This was the first of many threads on various forums where people formed opinions.

As I have said, the list is quite a long one.

Anyway, I digress, the point of this post was to apologise, so I will get back to that.
I have enjoyed being there from the start, introducing some great content to the forum, and being a part of a local community. Together we have moved mountains and done great things. When I say we, I mean YOU, I have played very little part in most of the great things, but proudly watched on as the community has come together as one.

I sincerely hope that the forum goes on to do more and more, and have a positive impact on the area, I have confidence, that left to flourish, and without interference, it will.

So once more, please don't take things personally from me, but also don't be afraid to speak your mind. I have been contacted by a number of people who, while not agreeing with the actions of some forum members, are not willing to face the regularly threatened consequences of speaking out against them.

While I am here I would also like to get this out there too. I am not the nicest of people. Sure I can be likeable, get on with others and play well. But I can also be a prize arsehole, as many a friend will testify. This is not my first rodeo, this is not the first time I have ruffled feathers, and faced threats of being "outted" or "exposed". Although I am sure that the internet is full of enough comments about me containing numerous profanities already. Most of which are completely founded and deserved.

As  write this, I have received the latest email from one of the moderators, requesting I remove personal information from my last entry as it is deemed defamation of character, and legal channels will be pursued.

I have also been advised that the mention of persons names within this blog fall under the recent GDPR legislation, and should be removed with immediate effect, or again face the consequences. I beg to differ, and feel that freedom of expression and opinion covers me on this.

While all this has been going on, another forum member has been suspended for a month, following numerous warnings. Similar emails are being received by them also, suggesting that he is somehow making personal threats towards the mod team, and that such threats will be reported and followed up on. Seems to be a pattern here.

Take someones name in vain, first, it is a personal threat, then it is defamation of character, then a warning shot is fired, then you suffer the consequences.

The only suffering going on is on the forum itself. The users not a part of this have had to endure thread after thread turning into a pissing contest. I openly admit that I am like a dog with a bone, and if I feel passionately about something, or feel someone is being unfairly targeted, I will speak my mind. Sadly this looks pretty bad to those who are not involved in the situation, and instead of a friendly forum where people can express themselves, it becomes a closed and cliquey , not to mention confusing as hell.

Of course, there is a difference between the forum and my blog. In my blog I can say what I see without someone editing my post, hiding it, or making a pointless argument in which they try and belittle or defame me. With this in mind, I have given one of the moderators my consent to make "factual" posts of his own, at his request, in which I am more than happy for him to express himself openly, and have his say on this subject.

So as it stands, I am currently under my final warnings to remove personal data, and mentions of persons mentioned in my last blog entry. Under the GDPR and threats of litigation for defamation of character. While at the same time I have given my own consent for posts of similar content and facts to be made in response to mine. Strange right!

Anyway, to confirm, I am indeed a spiteful arsehole, who has no patience for self righteous and obnoxious people who feel they have the right to bully people, based on their own self proclaimed holier than thou status. (holier than thou is a little ironic I know ;) )

Oh, almost forgot, my IP has been blocked too. Following PM's to my better half suggesting her account or security had been compromised as I seemed to have access to posts and information only accessible to verified members of the site. Ironically, everything I have said and shared has been supplied to me by numerous other members of the forum. So she his now "technically" banned from using the forum (of course due to my own selfish actions).

If anyone from this house tries to access the site, we get redirected to this charming and quaint little purpose made page.

https://se23.life/.well-known/snazy.html

How sweet. I am sure this took time and effort to make, and was all due to my selfish actions that someone had to spend their own time dealing with, instead of spending time doing leisure things. Or maybe this is one of the things that might be chargeable @ £25 per hour, just like any future requests deemed excessive following on from my GDPR request.

A GDPR removal request which I am informed has been completed out of "good will" . Guess not under any legal obligation then?

No comments:

Post a Comment